Twitter


Follow jayteewo on Twitter

Facebook.

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Project.

This is a project I did with a really cool Etsy shop called Hobbie Horse Designs out of Texas (love). The woman who owns and operates it is very nice and PATIENT. Gosh, I change my mind so much. She responded promptly to my message about custom work and communicated thoroughly afterwards. She went the extra mile to make sure I got what I wanted. I wanted the word "DELISH" to put on my kitchen wall. I chose the word, size, font, and fabric (she sent me tons of swatches) and they did the rest.


I went with Storybook font on eight-inch letters. The six individual prints are vintage-y bird motifs of my choosing. This is how she comes up with the final product:
  1. paints the top of the letters white so that nothing will show through the fabric.
  2. decoupages the fabric onto the wood so "it will last forever."
  3. applies several coats of sealer to keep the letters from turning yellow.
* these can even be spot-cleaned if I happen to fling some marinara over there.

I like them a lot.

P.S.- you can get my poster from here, my pepper mill from here, and mixer here.


bye,
jayteewo.

No comments:

Post a Comment