Twitter


Follow jayteewo on Twitter

Facebook.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Champagne party.


Have I mentioned I love champagne? I looooove champagne. I was watching Barefoot Contessa today and it was an episode entitled "French Made Easy." Another thing I love: French food (French men, French countryside, French culture..). In this episode, Ina conducts the same party both in Paris and East Hampton. First of all, wouldn't that be just fabulous? to have not only a place to stay in either of those places but also to hold champagne parties at one or both places? You'd be set. Anyway, Ina hops over to the French market to buy the most expensive, seasonal items available, of course. She has a cocktail party serving champagne with the following hors d'oeuvres: olive tapenade, pâté, cucumbers, black and green olives, french baguette, cashews, grape tomatoes, herbed goat cheese, and salami (or other cured meats). I think that sounds lovely, don't you? Such a nice flow of details and subtle strategizing for a summer soirée. I'd totally go.

I intend to hold a party like this in the next month. It's just a matter of getting everyone together. I like to use this website called Paperless Post for occasions like that. They do awesome virtual invitations. It looks like a tangible invitation and it has a lot of details. If it costs you anything it's not much. In the end you have a sweet customized virtual invitation on short notice.


best,
jayteewo.

No comments:

Post a Comment