Twitter


Follow jayteewo on Twitter

Facebook.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Maple syrup.


I am a self-proclaimed maple syrup snob and proud of it. And I'm not the only one: there are literally dozens of us. Maple syrup is a wonderful, delicious treasure that should be cherished. I will judge you if you aren't one to insist upon legit syrup. There's nothing that annoys me more than if I'm at a restaurant and order "real maple syrup" and I get Mrs. Butterworth's. You can bet your sweet ass I'll be sending that shit right back and making a scene. It's like if I order fresh-squeezed orange juice and receive what is clearly Tropicana. I will notice. There is a HUGE difference in taste between the authentic stuff and the fake stuff. I shouldn't have to ask if it is what it says it is.


Being of Michigander descent, I know where to get the good shit. Particularly if there is some independent farm out in the boonies (see Sugarbush), you can find fantastic maple syrup deliciousness just about anywhere up north. Throw in some Amish butter while you're at it. The Canadians aren't bad at makin maple syrup either. I've never turned my nose up at a Canadian syrup. Not once. And they do sell it at Publix or whatever grocery store you shop at, so there's really no excuse. It just costs a little more. Worth. every. penny.


I'm serious.
jayteewo.

No comments:

Post a Comment