Twitter


Follow jayteewo on Twitter

Facebook.

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Smoooothie.

I'm officially my father. I just made the below smoothie. I added carrots and seriously considered the spinach and broccoli in the fridge. This is my dad's MO. Save me from myself.


He's on a "green smoothie" kick where he drinks smoothies made from things that end up looking a lot like baby poo. Mine, thank GOD, turned out a lovely shade of pink. Incidentally, I made this smoothie using the blender we had when I was growing up. My dad saved it all this time and recently gave it to me with some new parts, which is muy cute. Smoothies are a good way to trick myself into eating fruit and especially yogurt. Fruit I like, but forget to eat sometimes (I know) and yogurt I do not like but know I should eat it cuz it's good for me. I do that a lot, trick myself. Another example being that I always choose to live on the top floor in a walkup, to obviously trick myself into exercising. That is neither here nor there. Check out the recipe.

-1/3 (~5 oz) of a Naked juice.. another way to cheat. I used Protein Zone Double Berry this time. Usually I use orange juice.
-4 frozen strawberries
-small handful of frozen raspberries
-4 frozen baby carrots (don't go crazy on the carrots)
-1/2 C of fat-free Greek yogurt
-2 T honey
-I just love to blend.


I'm kidding. I love being like my dad and if that means making #2-colored smoothies and drinking them in lieu of food for the balance of my life, then so be it. But let's hope it doesn't come to that.


enjoy,
jayteewo.

No comments:

Post a Comment