Twitter


Follow jayteewo on Twitter

Facebook.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Baked apples.

Baked apples are something my dad used to make my younger sister and I before school back in the day. Waking up to that smell ain't nothin to scoff at, in fact, it's great. Maybe the greatest. One might argue that baked apples are more of a fall/winter thing, but I'd counter-argue that they are more of an 'all the time' thing.
Here's what you need:

an apple (I use Gala)
1T butter
brown sugar or maple syrup to taste




-preheat oven to 375°
-cut vertically & core an apple
-poke a few fork holes in there for heat to escape
-put around a 1/2T of butter in what is now the apple valley (duh)
-fill up the remaining space with either brown sugar or maple syrup (or both, holla!)
-place in baking receptacle & bake for 45 min (it's not an exact science- I like my baked apples kind of soft)
-eat!




They should be bubbling and smelling delish. Be careful: apples retain a lot of heat for a lot of time. More than once I've eaten through the pain. I'm not proud of it.* Put as much or as little (don't be a puss) topping as you want.

*yes I am.


yum,
jayteewo.

No comments:

Post a Comment