Twitter


Follow jayteewo on Twitter

Facebook.

Monday, May 30, 2011

Goat cheese & prosciutto bruschetta.



I made goat cheese and prosciutto bruschetta (tongue twister) on Memorial Day. (Pretty sure that makes me thankful to our veterans. What I am not sure of is how to make the connection.) Anyway, it was delicious. Here's how:

1 small multi-grain baguette
1 clove of garlic
olive oil
1/2 lb thinly sliced prosciutto
1 clove of garlic
4 oz goat cheese
1 t rosemary
1/2 C balsamic vinegar
2 t sugar

-preheat oven to 400 degrees
-slice baguette (I used 12 slices for this recipe), rub garlic on each slice, place on cookie sheet
-drizzle olive oil on slices, put in oven for 10 min
-combine sugar & balsamic in small sauce pan, stir on high for.. a long time. Maybe around 10 minutes
-remove reduction from heat & place in a container of some kind to stop cooking & allow to cool & thicken
-remove toast, reduce heat to 375
-combine rosemary & goat cheese & slather (I wish I could think of a better word, because slather is grossing me out) on toast
-place a single slice of prosciutto on each piece of toast
-heat in oven for 10 minutes
-plate & drizzle with balsamic reduction.


buen provecho,
jayteewo.

No comments:

Post a Comment